Connect your ADP1 to your PC using the USB flashing cable and them perform following steps. Login into the phone using following steps.
- $ adb shell
- $ su
1) Mount /system read/write; as root on the phone:As usual, standards disclaimers apply. Thanks to Zinx at Google Forums for this post.
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
2) erase the standard system Maps.apk; as root on the phone:
3) uninstall the Maps data; on your computer:
adb uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
4) Optional; You probably want to mount /system read-only again; as root on the phone:
mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
5) You can install Google Maps from the Market as normal now.